Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Natural beauty goodness!

The hubby is out celebrating tonight with some of our friends in honor of our dear friend Casey who is now known as Casey E., R.N.!!  Congrats, Nurse Casey!

Since he is gone and the kids are in bed  I wanted to share with you all a new blog that I have come to LOVE!  5 Seed is ran by a beautiful woman named Yancy who recently left her career to pursue her dream of owning her own homemade beauty products business.  I so admire her passion and her strength to honor her dreams.  She even featured an idea I had about beauty in her blog today!   

We often think about the things that we put in our bodies and how they effect us.  But how often do you stop and think about what you're putting on your body?  I think about it in regards to the girls a lot.  I know that mineral oil is terribly bad for them, so we don't use any lotions or soaps that contain it.  But that's about as far as I've thought about it.  Yancy has opened to my eyes to a whole new idea of great beauty products.  She makes and, lucky for us, sells her own bath and body products.  It may sound silly, but I never thought that a person could make their own beauty products!  She keeps it simple and  natural and vows to keep her packaging as eco-friendly as possible.  She recently sent me some of her Cocoa Love Lip Balm and I'm loving it!  It tastes like heavenly chocolate, it's packaged in a very "green" tin, and it's VEGAN!  She offers other lip balms, hand and body balms, a moisturizer, and even solid aromatherapy perfumes!  I'm looking forward to trying more of her products.  Keep up the good work, Yancy!

This woman knows how to make everything, including her own natural deodorant!!  Who knew that was possible?!  So go see why 5 Seed is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. 

Peace

3 comments:

  1. Hey Miss Amanda... what a funny thing for you to post only because I literally was just thinking about this the other day. I totally forgot this stuff I was going to bring to you the other night when I saw you guys... but, my "step sister" sells this stuff called Juice Beauty. It is all organic beauty products. She sends samples my way and gave me stuff for Christmas. Here's the link http://www.juicebeauty.com/ ... check it out! If you want samples I am sure I can get my hands on more... next time I see you I will bring you some that I have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Yancy's products- aren't they awesome?
    She wrote such a beautiful post about you- I loved your anecdote about your husband finding you beautiful... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so pleasantly surprised to see this post - thank you! You're very kind! I'm so glad you liked the lip balm, as well.

    Your story about beauty was so wonderful. I had such a hard time picking the winner, which is why I had to send you some lip balm! You deserved it!

    Thanks so much for the shout out, and for all the things you share in this blog - I've been reading it the past few days and am glad to see you talking about so many things that mothers face today.

    Thanks, Amanda!!

    ReplyDelete