Friday, January 15, 2010

Cranky kid and tangets

I haven't had much to write the past couple of days.  Or perhaps, I haven't wanted to write anything in a while.  That's my prerogative, right?! 

Lorelai has been experimenting with ways to test her mother's limits lately.  "No" seems to be her new favorite word.  Not is she just saying no.  Here is an example.  Me: "Lorelai, would you please pick up your cup."  LO: (while walking to her cup, she kicks it) "No"  Really?!!  You're not only going to tell me "no", but you're also going to look me in the eye and kick your cup?!  No more Nice Mom.  It's time to break out the hardcore discipline!  Wish me luck on that one folks!

Today has been a little better.  She has been picking up her toys when I ask her too.  She took a nap too, which is a huge part of the battle.  When she doesn't take a nap she gets extremely cranky and the rest of the day is shot. 

Oh, and now I'm going to go off on a tangent.  Scarlett must be going through a growth spurt because she has been nursing alllllll day!  Well, I had gotten Lorelai down for her nap, was nursing Scarlett and then guess what happened?  Some random guy rang the doorbell!  So what happens next?  The dogs start barking like crazy!  There is no way that I'm answering the door because 1) I have no clue who this guy is (I could see him when he walked by the window) and 2) I'm nursing.  So then, he decides to knock.  I'm sure he was just a solicitor or a landscaper, we always get those.  With all the barking and doorbell ringing, Lorelai starts screaming.  Great.  Thanks a lot to the dude that just had to pick my house.  It was really appreciated.

Ok, now with that tangent I went on, I kinda forgot where I was going.  Oh well I guess!

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment