Thursday, January 07, 2010

Making Changes

With each new year comes the dreaded resolution.  I actually kept mine last year for the first time - be more "green".  We started using glass containers instead of plastic, using reusable water bottles, changed all the light bulbs, and finally started recycling.  I can honestly say that throughout my day I think about if I'm making the best sustainable choice.  It feels good to know that not only am I doing something good for the planet, but I'm doing something good for me.  I'm proving to myself that I can make changes in my life and the lives of my family.  


Change feels good, no matter how small it might be.  I'm ready for more change.  This year I'm actually going to make a list of what I want to accomplish this year.  I never make lists (except for the occasional grocery list) and often times don't complete what I want to.  No one's fault but mine, I know.  But this year I'm determined to make things happen.  


With that, I'm going to take some time to make this list exactly what I want it to be.  No messing around and listing nonsense items.  They will each be meaningful to me and my family.  


Now to make that list.........

No comments:

Post a Comment